Monday, March 21, 2011

Tiny dollhouse doll

So far I've collected a few little animals from around the house that seem to like living in the dollhouse. But I wanted to try my hand at making my own little people.
As you can see from my needle book blog, I've been working on dolls lately. I've been trying different patterns, such as the vintage patterns of Edith Flack Ackley, and working out some of my own.

And now I've finished my first dollhouse doll! I've added her to my Etsy shop - she's here. She has a lovely purple floral Liberty dress and lace trimmed petticoat. It was hard to cut into some of my precious Liberty fabric, but it was just so perfect for this. The lawn stays in place nicely. Not every fabric will work on such a small scale. I was happy to find this tiny lace amongst all my trim. These supplies are gathered up by me over the years and every now and then the perfect project comes along.

2 comments:

Jend222 said...

She's adorable! How can you bear to part with these treasures you make???

Claire Louise Milne said...

What a compliment! Thank you! I do sometimes get attached so I try to just turn my attention to the next project :)

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP